This course is particularly useful for people who wish to brush up on their writing skills, or to obtain basic skills which they should have but did not develop properly while at school. It aims to provide an understanding of how to write clearly and efficiently, and to communicate thoughts in the minimum number of words, and without any ambiguity.
There are 6 lessons in this course:
- Find your existing writing skills; types of language and communication.
- Basic Writing Skills
- Parts of speech, grammar and sentence construction.
- Clear Wording
- How to write clearly so there is no ambiguity and the reader understands.
- Concise Wording
- How to use concise wording to get maximum information across with a minimum of words.
- Punctuation and Accuracy
- Spelling and punctuation.
- Planning what you write
- How to plan out letters, stories, articles, etc.
Each lesson culminates in an assignment which is submitted to the school, marked by the school's tutors and returned to you with any relevant suggestions, comments, and if necessary, extra reading.
- Define the nature and scope of writing.
- Discuss the way written sentences and paragraphs are properly structured.
- Develop an increased capacity to write clearly.
- Develop improved conciseness in writing.
- Develop an improved punctuation skills.
- Apply basic writing skills more efficiently in a range of situations.
To learn how to enrol click here
Statement of Achievement —
Please enquire for prices and more information
Course Duration: 100 Hours
DeliveryOnline & Correspondence
Course REF: AWR102