While all these career-building skills are important, they obviously take time to develop. This course builds on skills and experience you might already have. It assumes that you have a solid understanding of writing. You may already have had something published. If you want to build on your past experience and skill though; this is exactly what this course is designed for.
There are 9 lessons in this course:
1. Scope and Nature of Technical Writing
2. Presentation of Technical Writing
3. Matching Style and Content to the Audience
4. Planning: Developing a Logical Structure or Format
5. Collaborative Writing
6. Writing Technical Articles for Periodicals
7. Writing Manuals and Procedures
8. Writing Project Proposals
9. Writing Project Reports
Each lesson culminates in an assignment which is submitted to the school,
marked by the school's tutors and returned to you with any relevant
suggestions, comments, and if necessary, extra reading.