This course explores human wellness as well as fitness with emphasis on common back and weight problems with fitness and posture testing. The course covers elements such as understanding, recognising and addressing back problems as well as weight control methods through fitness and exercise. Avoid expensive physiotherapy, remedial massage or doctor costs by assessing fitness and altering exercise patterns to suit your needs!
There are 9 lessons in this course:
- Understanding Human Wellness
- Advising on Human Wellness
- Fitness Tests
- Interpreting Fitness Tests
- Understanding Back Problems
- Recognising and Addressing Back Problems
- Preventative Back Care
- Understanding Weight Control
- Weight Control Methods
Each lesson culminates in an assignment which is submitted to the school, marked by the school's tutors and returned to you with any relevant suggestions, comments, and if necessary, extra reading.
- Describe the health status of the population living in your country, using current statistics and information.
- Describe health habits that contribute to well being and longevity.
- Explain the limitations of the person you interviewed and how their exercise routine may be altered/modified.
- Explain the implications of drugs (prescribed and non-prescription drugs) to personal health and wellbeing and fitness.
- Describe the warning signs of heart disease.
- Outline actions for each warning sign to avoid heart problems.
- Design a beginners fitness program for a person predisposed to CHR (Coronary Heart Risk).
- List the medical and alternative medicine practitioners involved in the health field and describe their relationship to health service.
- Explain how you conducted the fitness testing with respect to taking pulse at rest and during exercise; using an HR monitor such as a polar; using a sphygmomanometer
- Describe how the fitness test results you obtained from a set task can be used.
- Set a safe program for a client according to their desired outcome and ability level, using information from the screening and fitness evaluation based on a set task.
- Identify ten (10) different health problems that may restrict exercise performance, excluding back related problems.
- Draw a simple sketch of the spine, identifying structures and segments, including each of the spinal curvatures
To learn how to enrol click here