There are 9 lessons in this course:
- Understanding methods of crisis intervention What constitutes a crisis and methods of crisis intervention?
- Ethical, professional and legal issues Current ethical, professional and legal implications of crisis intervention.
- Dangers of crises and effective intervention Dangers posed by crisis to the individual, the counsellor, and those around them. Determining effective modes of intervention.
- Developmental Crises Recognising and comprehending crises from a developmental perspective.
- Post-traumatic stress disorder Symptoms, treatment options and possible outcomes of post-traumatic stress disorder.
- Violence and sexual assault Effects of violence and sexual assault on the individual, and possible modes of intervention.
- Crisis and drug addiction Determining the relationship between crises and drug dependence.
- Family crises Major issues raises in family crises and appropriate methods of intervention.
- Crises and cultural issues Cultural influences on crisis situations.
Each lesson culminates in an assignment which is submitted to the school, marked by the school's tutors and returned to you with any relevant suggestions, comments, and if necessary, extra reading.
Statement of Achievement —
Please enquire for prices and more information
Course Duration: 100 Hours
DeliveryOnline & Correspondence
Course REF: BPS304