There are 10 lessons in this course:
- Turf Variety Selection
- Mowing - selection, use and maintenance of equipment.
- Cultivation Techniques -spiking, coring, thatch removal and other techniques.
- Preparing for Play on Sports grounds - rolling, marking, etc.
- Preparing for Play of Greens - rolling, marking, etc.
- Turf Protection & Preservation
- Irrigation & Drainage
- Soil Treatment & Sprays - pesticides, fertilisers, etc.
- Evaluate Maintenance Facilities
- Develop a Management Plan.
Each lesson culminates in an assignment which is submitted to the school, marked by the school's tutors and returned to you with any relevant suggestions, comments, and if necessary, extra reading.
- Select turf varieties to suit different sports surface requirements; including different climates & soil types.
- Select turf varieties to suit different sports surfaces (eg. lawn bowls, fairways, greens, league football, cricket)
- Identify turf blends, their application and reason for use.
- Explain alternative procedures for sports turf maintenance, used for different types of facilities.
- Explain specific wear problems and solutions for the five types of turf facilities
- Evaluate procedures being used to maintain different types of facilities.
- Determine the resources required to maintain a selected sports turf.
- Develop management plans for different types of sports turf facilities.
- Explain the management of a turf nursery to produce a reliable supply of sod.
- Explain the irrigation and drainage requirements for sports turf fields ..............and lots more!
To learn how to enrol click here