Learn to propagate plants commercially and efficiently.
Plants are propagated both sexually (from two parents eg. seed & spore) and asexually (from two parents eg. cuttings, grafting, layers, division). This course deals with the principles of propagation, and all of these methods; as well as materials and equipment.
There are 10 lessons in this course:
- Introduction to Propagation
- Asexual and sexual propagation, plant life cycles, nursery production systems
- Seed Propagation
- Potting Media
- Vegetative Propagation I
- Vegetative Propagation II
- Care of stock plants; layering, division and other techniques
- Vegetative Propagation III
- Budding and grafting, tissue culture
- Propagation Structures and Materials
- Greenhouses, propagating equipment
- Risk Management
- Nursery hygiene, risk assessment and management
- Nursery Management I
- Plant modification techniques, management policies
- Nursery Management II
- Nursery standards, cost efficiencies, site planning and development
Each lesson culminates in an assignment which is submitted to the school, marked by the school's tutors and returned to you with any relevant suggestions, comments, and if necessary, extra reading.