"Whether dealing directly with members of the public or with other professionals such as landscape gardeners, it is imperative that nursery sales staff have sufficient plant knowledge to communicate effectively. That's where this course comes in. A must do course for those wishing to improve their sales skills whilst simultaneously improving their awareness of plant identification, use, and care." - Gavin Cole B.Sc., Psych.Cert., Cert.Garden Design, MACA, ACS Tutor.
UNIQUE NURSERY SALES COURSE (recently updated!)
Our Nursery Sales Assistant Course has recently undergone a major update to Sales Skills in a nursery section. Many nursery sales assistants are passionate about plants, but lack the necessary sales skills to boost sales. Others have a good selling ability but lack the plant knowledge needed to assist customers and really 'sell' the product.
The Nursery Sales Assistants course has been developed to provide the necessary balance between plant knowledge and sales skills. Your staff will learn all about plant identification, plant care, how to advise customers and all about important sales secrets that will boost your bottom line. This course will train staff on how to 'open' and most importantly, 'close' a sale!
There are 5 lessons in this course:
- Introduction to Plant Identification: Understanding plant classification and pronunciation of plant names.
- Sales Skills: Determining different types of customers; developing the communication skills to sell, including how to open and close a sale.
- Caring for Plants: Planting techniques, understanding soils, plant nutrition and pest management.
- Selecting the Right Plant for the Right Place: How to create different moods using plants.
- Advising Customers in a Nursery: Developing good communication skills, knowing your product, plant placement.
Each lesson culminates in an assignment which is submitted to the school, marked by the school's tutors and returned to you with any relevant suggestions, comments, and if necessary, extra reading.
- Read the supplied course material.
- Undertake simple and relevant practical tasks.
- Submit written assignments at the completion of each lesson.
- Prepare plant review worksheets
To learn how to enrol click here