This course explains the principles and practices of plant physiology. The course is designed for all those that need to know plants in depth, how they work, how they grow, which factors promote their development and which factors hinders their growth.
There are 10 lessons in this course:
- Flower physiology
- Control of flower bud initiation and development
- Effects of plant associations and competition
- Respiration and post harvest physiology
- Post harvest storage, transport, retailing and shelf life
- Endogenous and synthetic growth regulators
- Risks involved with plant growth manipulation
Each lesson culminates in an assignment which is submitted to the school, marked by the school's tutors and returned to you with any relevant suggestions, comments, and if necessary, extra reading.