The ideal course for the beginner, this is a basic, yet thoroughly practical course which gives you a sound broad technical grounding in horticultural principles and practices. A section of each lesson involves plant identification. YOU WILL LEARN:
- To identify, propagate and care for 80 different types of plants.
- The systematic way plants are classified.
- Structure and parts of a flower.
- To identify different leaf shapes.
- Different ways to control weeds.
- Simple soil tests.
- Making propagating and potting mixes.
- Identifying pest and disease problems.
- How and why to prune different plants.
- Drawing a simple garden sketch plan.
- To plant or repair a lawn; and lots more.
There are 12 lessons in this course:
- Plant Identification
- Water Management.
- Pests and Diseases
Each lesson culminates in an assignment which is submitted to the school, marked by the school's tutors and returned to you with any relevant suggestions, comments, and if necessary, extra reading.