"This course is suitable for a Manager of a horticultural business, or for anyone wanting to work in this kind of position. All aspects are covered, and it will refine the skills needed for this role."- Tracey Morris Dip.Hort., Cert.Hort., Cert III Organic Farming, ACS Tutor.
There are 10 lessons in this course:
- Horticultural Business Structures
- Management Theories and Procedures
- Horticulture & The Law
- Financial Management
- Staff Management
- Improving Plant Varieties
- Productivity and Risk
- Managing Physical Resources
- Developing an Horticultural Business Plan
Each lesson culminates in an assignment which is submitted to the school, marked by the school's tutors and returned to you with any relevant suggestions, comments, and if necessary, extra reading.
- Compare the organisational structure of different horticultural enterprises.
- Determine the value of a business plan to a specific horticultural business.
- Determine the significance of consumer law to a specified horticultural business.
- Determine the duties of different supervisors, in a specific horticultural enterprise.
- Describe how a budget is applied to managing a specific horticultural enterprise.
- Determine the criteria for selecting staff to work in an horticultural enterprise.
- Explain the system for controlling the collection of royalties on a plant which is covered by plant variety rights.
- Monitor and recommend improvements to a specified work task in a horticultural enterprise.
To learn how to enrol click here