Geraniums and Pelargoniums are great collector's plants with many varieties available. They are a good source of vivid colour, even in winter if a warm situation is provided.
This course opens up a wealth of possibilities for growing and using these plants.
There are 9 lessons in this course:
- Review of the system of plant identification
- Information sources
- Pruning, etc.
- Methods of propagating this group of plants
- Propagation of selected varieties
- Using Geraniums & Pelargoniums
- Landscaping With Geraniums
- Growing in baskets
- Rock gardens
- Planting design
- Pest & Disease
- Diagnosing problems
- Chemical & non chemical control
- Manual & automatic
- Disease implications etc.
- Greenhouse Management
- Types of Greenhouses & Other Growing Structures
- Plant Needs
- Temperature Control
- Special Project
- A research project into one major group such as species geraniums or pelargoniums, Regals, Zonals, Ivy Leaf, etc.
Each lesson culminates in an assignment which is submitted to the school, marked by the school's tutors and returned to you with any relevant suggestions, comments, and if necessary, extra reading.
- Select and cultivate appropriate varieties of geraniums and pelargoniums in different situations.
- Describe the cultural requirements of various Geranium and Pelargoniums.
- Propagate Geraniums and Pelargoniums, using different techniques.
- Explain a variety of ways Geranium and Pelargoniums may be used both in landscape and other situations.
- Manage various pest and disease problems that affect Pelargonium and Geraniums.
- Manage the environmental conditions to optimise plant health
- Understand and manage water requirements of geraniums and pelargoniums, in a way to optimize the plant's performance.
- Manage the growing of Pelargoniums and Geraniums in a greenhouse.
- Learn how to plan the establishment of a collection of different cultivars of a group of geraniums or pelargoniums
To learn how to enrol click here